Fair Trade provides quality products that improve lives and protect the planet. Fair Trade goods are just that. Fair. From far-away farms to your shopping cart, products that bear the Fair Trade Certified logo come from farmers and workers who are justly compensated. Fair Trade helps farmers and workers in developing countries build sustainable businesses that positively influence their communities.
With Fair Trade Certified, the money you spend on day-to-day goods can improve an entire community's day-to-day lives. Fair Trade Certified believes that in order to improve living and working conditions for farmers and workers that their environment must also be clean and healthy. Environmental standards are therefore integral to the Fair Trade criteria. These include:
- Protecting water resources and natural vegetation areas
- Promoting agricultural diversification, erosion control, and no slash & burn
- Restricting the use of pesticides and fertilizers
- Banning use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
- Requiring proper management of waste, water, and energy
Thank you for your support. This fundamental shift of prioritizing people and planet within the world's trading system could not happen without you.
Visit FairTradeUSA.org to learn more: fairtradeusa.org
You can sign-up for future updates on ways to support Fair Trade here: fairtradeusa.org/newsletter