This campaign strives to support companies with good environmental practices and boycott companies with poor ones, the main practice being pollution.
To become environmentally conscious, companies can:
- Use clean, renewable energy. This can include buying power from a wind farm or installing solar panels on top of the company's buildings.
- Reduce or eliminate air and water pollution in the manufacturing process.
- Use electric delivery cars.
- Recycle used materials and use recycled materials.
- Where applicable, encourage employees to work from home, limiting commutes.
- Where applicable, have part of the business take place online.
Many of the "greenest" companies in America also outline plans for future progress, within the next five years or so. Most buycotted companies in this campaign have been taken from lists of "most environmentally sound companies" from various news sources. Suggestions are always welcome in comments or messages.Last updated 10 March 2014